In the last ten years, PCF has raised over $900,000 for nonprofits in the Lake Norman area. Contributions have made incredible impacts on our local partners - such as new HVAC systems! While raising funds for our partner nonprofits is of the biggest importance for PCF, there are many other ways we support nonprofits. Here are five ways - other than money - that PCF helps local nonprofits:
- We create platforms for support and collaboration. - Each year, we host luncheons and other informal gatherings for our local partners. Representatives come together to be refreshed and encouraged through sharing ideas and other ways. You can read about a recent luncheon here.
- We encourage growth for up-and-coming nonprofits. - As new growth appears in the Lake Norman area, so do new problems. There are new nonprofits being created to tackle these new problems. Our team is constantly searching and on the lookout for these nonprofits that meet our criteria and encouraging them to apply for our grants.
- We build sustainability through relationships. - After a nonprofit meets our criteria and a grant is approved, the Board appoints a liaison for them. Through this relationship, PCF can ensure grant money is spent as requested, but also provides support and encouragement to our partners. This encourages continuous growth for each of our nonprofit partners.
- We amplify communication for our partners. - Through our website, newsletter, and other channels, PCF broadens the reach of our partners’ missions. We are made up of Peninsula neighbors; a conversation with a neighbor can be so powerful. Our generous neighbors even collect items in their garages and dining rooms, and this community collaboration is the true ingredient to our success.
- We provide quick support in emergencies. - When a snowstorm threatened to leave Caterpillar Ministry’s children without food, PCF quickly responded with local groceries and delivery. Our local focus gives us the ability to have real relationships with our partners, and support them when they need it most.
We’d love you to join us in supporting our local partners. We have seen how unity in our neighborhood, neighbors coming together, creates proportionately larger impacts for our partners. If you’d like to find out more about how you can join PCF, contact us.